I help companies and thought leaders reach the right people, in the right place, at the right time, with the right information.
What I can do for you
I help organizations succeed with digital media. Here’s just some of what I deliver to projects and clients:
- Business-minded strategies, research and messaging to improve your B2B content and earn leads, sales and branding.
- Editing expertise from proposal and outline through drafts and final copy.
- Quality, thoughtful and timely content for professional groups to deliver to members.
- Deep understanding of B2B email marketing and the long game of cultivating audience loyalty.
- Event presentations about trends in workplace leadership, how to reach B2B professional audiences and more.
What I do right now
At SmartBrief, I edit B2B email publications that deliver need-to-know information to business decision-makers.
My publications include the SmartBrief on Leadership email newsletter and blog, and I’ve spent years delivering news and insights to leaders in HR, wholesale distribution, manufacturing and more. I’ve also written and commented on workplace leadership and management trends.
What I’ve been up to
Recent events includes John Baldoni’s “What’s Next?” LinkedIn Live series, a panel discussion at the Berrett-Koehler Book Marketing Conference and webinars organized by NetSuite, Managing Editor and Influence & Co.
I also supply copy editing, proofreading, content research and content strategy consulting on a limited basis, particularly for B2B-focused clients. Email me for rates and availability.
I blog here (very) infrequently.
I also recap The Onion from 20 years ago in a weekly email.
I was a 2005 Dow Jones Newspaper Fund copy-editing intern at the Star-Tribune in Minneapolis, then a copy editor and copy desk chief at a rural daily newspaper in central New York.
In 2009, I moved to D.C. to become a copy editor at SmartBrief, becoming an editor in 2011.