Why you want to hire me
I’m a B2B editor, content strategist and writer who helps companies and thought leaders reach the right people, in the right place, at the right time, with the right information.
Here’s what I can deliver for your organization:
- Smarter B2B content execution. This includes editing, but also helping you improve what you write, who you write it for and why you’re writing it.
- B2B editing expertise throughout the content life cycle, including long-form line editing and copy editing.
- Better B2B email marketing through a deep understanding of the long game of audience loyalty. Services include email strategy, writing and editing.
- Speaking and presentations about reaching B2B professional audiences, 21st-century workplace leadership, the role of editing in B2B content marketing, and more.
My clients are B2B-focused, including corporations, content agencies, nonprofits and professional associations.
I’m based in Silver Spring, Maryland, and work remotely but could be hybrid for a local client in the DMV area.
What I Do
Freelance B2B Content Strategist, Editor and Researcher
Recent projects include:
- Top-to-bottom execution of an email newsletter for a membership-only business leaders group. This email offers news and insights for and about its members, as well as deep analysis of the top economic and geopolitical news affecting business.
- Copy editing a national nonprofit’s annual report (including layout/design guidance).
- Editing/copy editing long-form content pieces for HR and supply chain clients, including multinational technology firms and leading professional associations.
- Writing email marketing copy for a supply chain software provider.
- Providing subject-matter research and briefings to inform an invite-only organization’s event planning, recruiting and strategic expansion.
- Managing social copy for a CEO.
Rep Cap (part-time)
I oversee editing and lead a team of B2B content marketing writers for Rep Cap, a content marketing firm for professional services that approaches B2B content marketing with a journalist’s curiosity, a marketer’s spark for experimentation and a film director’s obsession with detail.
I also oversee the Managing Editor content brand.
What Else I’ve Done
I edited B2B email publications that delivered need-to-know information to business decision-makers.
I managed the SmartBrief on Leadership brand, including a newsletter, blog and Twitter account, reaching more than 200,000 decision-makers with actionable advice in a rapidly changing business environment.
This job helped me learn about:
- Writing and editing B2B emails that deliver value, engender reader loyalty and “nudge” them to act.
- Creating repeatable editorial processes.
- Brainstorming, developing and launching newsletters with associations and other partners.
- Connecting editorial ideas to revenue opportunities with our sales team.
- Hiring, training and managing freelancers and employees.
I started my career as a Dow Jones Newspaper Fund copy-editing intern at the Star-Tribune in Minneapolis. For nearly four years, I was a copy editor and copy desk chief at a rural daily newspaper in central New York.
Speaking and other work
- Hosting a SmartBrief webinar on pandemic-era burnout with over 1,000 registrants, nearly 60% of whom attended live.
- Interviewed in John Baldoni’s “What’s Next?” LinkedIn Live series
- Panelist at the Berrett-Koehler Book Marketing Conference
- Speaker at webinars sponsored by NetSuite, Managing Editor and Influence & Co.