Why you want to hire me
I’m a B2B editor, content strategist and writer who helps companies and thought leaders reach the right people, in the right place, at the right time, with the right information.
Here’s what I can deliver for your organization:
- Smarter B2B content strategy — or help you develop a strategy.
- Editing expertise at every stage of the content life cycle, including newsletter and long-form copy editing.
- Better B2B email marketing through a deep understanding of the long game of audience loyalty.
- Speaking and presentations about 21st-century workplace leadership, reaching B2B professional audiences and more.
My clients are B2B-focused, including corporations, content agencies, nonprofits and professional associations.
I’m based in Silver Spring, Maryland, and work remotely but could be hybrid for a local client in the DMV area.
What I’ve done
Rep Cap (part-time, July 2022-present)
I oversee editing and lead a team of B2B content marketing writers for Rep Cap, a content marketing firm for professional services that approaches B2B content marketing with a journalist’s curiosity, a marketer’s spark for experimentation and a film director’s obsession with detail.
I edited B2B email publications that delivered need-to-know information to business decision-makers.
I managed the SmartBrief on Leadership brand, including a newsletter, blog and Twitter account, reaching more than 200,000 decision-makers with actionable advice in a rapidly changing business environment.
This job helped me learn about:
- Writing and editing B2B emails that deliver value, engender reader loyalty and “nudge” them to act.
- Creating repeatable editorial processes.
- Brainstorming, developing and launching newsletters with associations and other partners.
- Connecting editorial ideas to revenue opportunities with our sales team.
- Hiring, training and managing freelancers and employees.
I started my career as a Dow Jones Newspaper Fund copy-editing intern at the Star-Tribune in Minneapolis. For nearly four years, I was a copy editor and copy desk chief at a rural daily newspaper in central New York.
Speaking and other work
- Hosting a SmartBrief webinar on pandemic-era burnout with over 1,000 registrants, nearly 60% of whom attended live.
- Interviewed in John Baldoni’s “What’s Next?” LinkedIn Live series
- Panelist at the Berrett-Koehler Book Marketing Conference
- Speaker at webinars sponsored by NetSuite, Managing Editor and Influence & Co.